Question about half fare card for family

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2016 at 5:44:45 #810178

My family (Me, My wife & two kids aged 4 & 6) will be in Geneva on 6th Oct. We plan to go to Mt. titlis on 7th Oct (whole day) then go back to Geneva in the night time.Ive been reading the thread and I am opting to buy the half fare card for the train and cable car tickets.Can you somebody please let me know, do I have to buy one half fare card for the whole family or I have to buy two half fare (one for me and one for my wife) and the two children will be covered by family card?

Hoping for your help. Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 October 2016 at 12:48:17 #856321

Hi donnynoypi, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You and your wife each need a Swiss Half Fare Card. I’d recommend to print those yourself along with the Swiss Family Card. That will be quicker than going to a staffed desk with the passports of all four of you. With the prints, you can skip that and get your discounted tickets straight from the ticketing machines. Here’s how to do it: please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the cards (no delivery fees) within 1-3 business days, so you will need to order today in order to use them on the 6th, or no later than tomorrow in case of the 7th.

Note that it takes at least 4h15 to reach the Titlis from Geneva. It will be a very long day, mostly on trains.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2016 at 6:23:41 #856322

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

🙂

• The thread ‘Question about half fare card for family’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.