Question about ticket bought from SBB

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2015 at 13:20:46 #807156

Hi

If a buy a ticket from Zurich to Grindelwald which has 3 changes from SBB.ch , which is for trains say A @ 8:00 AM from Zurich , Train B from Bern at 10:30 AM and Train C from Interlaken to Grindelwald @ 11:15 AM. What happens if after reaching Bern I want to take a later train from Bern. Will I need to buy a new ticket or my tickets for Train B and C are still valid for later trains plying in that route ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

BK

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    30 April 2015 at 16:03:48 #842805

Hi BK,

If you buy tickets without seat reservations, which is the regular thing to do in Switzerland, and the default on SBB.ch, you can take any train you prefer. If you buy them with reservations, you’re tied to those specific trains. If you prefer reservations, please also check the ticket resellers listed here. They offer payment in your own currency and possibly they’re cheaper too.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2015 at 5:43:46 #842806

Thanks Annika. Appreciate your quick response. If I order Swiss half Rate card from the link you shared, would I get Swiss Family card along with that. I dont see an option to specify that I need one.

BK

• The thread ‘Question about ticket bought from SBB’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.