Which travel pass for Zurich, Rhine Fall and lake?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 September 2017 at 17:50:38 #813187

I plan to travel to Switzerland from 28th September to 3rd October 2017. I will reach Zurich Airport from Rome at 10.20AM, 28th September. From Airport I will go to Zurich Central to drop my luggage at City Backpacker – Hotel Biber. Then i want to go to Rhine falls and come back to Zurich Central station. Evening time i want to spend 1/2 hours near Zurich lake and Bahnhofstrasse. Please suggest a travel pass for

1. Zurich Airport to Zurich Central (oneway)

2. Zurich Central to Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall (Return)

3. Zurich Central to Zurich lake / Bahnhofstrasse by tram.

I will buy a 4 days Swiss pass for 29th September-02nd October. On 3rd October i will travel from Geneva to Paris.

Thanks in Advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    6 September 2017 at 14:27:15 #869468

Hi vutergoli,

The local urban transport company ZVV can sell you a day ticket for all zones. It’s available at the ticketing desks at the Zurich Airport or Zurich Central railway stations. It will get you as far as Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall and it will include the other trips you listed. There’s a reduced fare for this ticket if you travel after 9am, which applies to your plans. Please find more information through the ZVV link under “More on other websites” at myswissalps.com/zurich /travel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2017 at 2:33:59 #869469

Thank you vutergoli for asking this and thank you Annika for your answer, as you just solve my problems. 🙂 Thank you both!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2017 at 5:07:07 #869470

Thanks Annika. Two more questions

1. 9am ZVV pass is valid until 5pm?

2. All Zone ZVV pass also cover Neuhausen am Rheinfall?

Thanks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 September 2017 at 8:04:52 #869471

Hi Sumon,

1. It is valid until 5 AM the next morning.

2. No, Neuhausen Rheinfal is just outside the zone. But you can travel via Winterthur to Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall and visit the fall from there.

• The thread ‘Which travel pass for Zurich, Rhine Fall and lake?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.