Question: Paris to Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2012 at 19:55:54 #804978

Hi all,

I am planning to travel from Paris to Lucerne on April 7th and will be staying for 4 days 3 nights. We are planning to get 4days Swiss Pass.

Question 1: Now booking TGV and wondering if it would be wise to get tickets from Paris to Lucerne or Paris to Basel, then Basel to Lucerne. Does the Swiss pass cover that trip (Basel to Lucerne)? I couldn’t find the exact schedules yet. The TGV train will be in Basel by 10ish am.

Question 2: We planning to go to Jungfraujoch too, but then, I don’t quite know which will be the best place to stay at (in terms of convinence to go there). Is Lucerne ok? or should we stay around Interlake?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    6 March 2012 at 4:38:23 #835064

Hello 030887,

1 – The best thing you can do is buying a ticket from Paris to Basel. From Basel your trip will be covered by the Swiss Pass; there’s an overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid on the Swiss Pass page.

2 – Staying around Interlaken would certainly have my preference. Not only because you are closer to Jungfrau, but also because of the beautiful surroundings. A list of hotels can be found here.

I hope this answers your questions. Have a nice trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2012 at 5:14:35 #835065

Thank you.

How are the frequency and capacity of trains from Basel to Lucerne though? Do I need to book it before hand?

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    6 March 2012 at 5:27:37 #835066

You’re welcome :-)!

To check the frequency (and expected occupancy) of trains you can check the Swiss Timetable. Booking in advance will not be necessary.

Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘Question: Paris to Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10620 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.