Quiet villages near Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Lpvermont
Lpvermont
6 posts
Jun 25, 2019 - 9:48 AM

Hello,

I am currently visiting Mürren and have fallen in love with it! We will be leaving soon for interlaken since we made prior reservations there. We are not excited to spend time in Interlaken and would like to find another village or area that is similarly quaint and entertaining like Mürren to visit for the day and return to Interlaken in the evening. We love peaceful surroundings with a few attractions as in Mürren. We try to avoid crowds and busy tourist areas so seeing the top attractions are not important to us if they are crowded. We would be happy taking a boat or riding bikes to get to wherever may fit our description. Are bikes allowed on most boats?

Thank you! So far, every question I have posted has resulted in a very helpful response! This forum is so very helpful!

Lisa

rockoyster
rockoyster
6751 posts
expert
Jun 25, 2019 - 11:28 AM in reply to Lpvermont

Wengen? You can take bikes on boats for sure.

Last modified on Jun 25, 2019 - 11:30 AM by rockoyster
Steph
Steph
1523 posts
top member &
Jun 25, 2019 - 11:55 AM in reply to Lpvermont

Hi Lisa,

I personally love Iseltwald on the Lake of Brienz. You can get there by boat and it's utterly idyllic. You can even do some gentle walking along the lake and if you want visit the Giessbach falls or the Grand Hotel Giessbach or both.
- www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakebrienz
- www.iseltwald.ch/, only in German I'm afraid, but pictures have their own language
- www.giessbach.ch/en/ho me.html

Just an idea.

Best,
Steph

Last modified on Jun 25, 2019 - 11:56 AM by Steph

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019