Rail pass from Paris to Interlaken

Rail pass from Paris to Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
fayefaye25
fayefaye25
1 post
Apr 19, 2017 - 1:04 AM

Hi

We are 6 travellers in total ( 2 adults + 2 kids are not live in europe, 2 seniors (60+) are live in europe

Travel from Pairs to Interlaken on 5 Aug and return back on 12 Aug.

How can i buy the rail pass together and reserve seat together ?

I know we need 2 kinds of rail pass, but how can we buy both together and reserve the seat together?

Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
5502 posts
expert &
Apr 19, 2017 - 6:44 AM in reply to fayefaye25

Hi fayefaye25 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

So you can buy a ticket to Interlaken from Paris here(and make reservations if you wish).

As far as rail passes are concerned, you can buy a Eurail Select Pass for France and Switzerland if you wish (and you are traveling by train a lot in France as well).

If you are just planning on buying a pass for Switzerland and you are traveling daily for the 7/8 days, I would recommend the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass - it will cover almost all trains and boats etc. in Switzerland. The exceptions are some trips up into the mountains, like Jungfraujoch where you get a 25% discount on the train ticket.

If you like the idea of a Swiss Travel Pass (print at home and almost never have to buy any tickets while in Switzerland, except my comment above) then you just need to buy a ticket from Paris to Basel (1st link) and the Swiss Travel Pass covers the rest.

Don't worry about making reservations for trains within Switzerland - it really isn't ever done except on panoramic trains.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Apr 19, 2017 - 6:45 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018