Dec 22, 2015 - 10:31 AM
in reply to Arno
Thanks for the reply. I am trying to come up with a more definite itinerary in next couple of days as I have to start making bookings by 1st-2nd week of Jan itself to get lower prices. As for now, I have a faint idea :
1. 18/4 - Paris to Basel (buy tickets) and Basel to Zurich (using Swiss Travel Pass for free)
2. 18/4 - Stay in Zurich for 1 day and visit the Rhine Falls by afternoon/evening and return
3. 19/4 & 20/4 - Leave for Lucerne and stay in or around Lucerne so that visiting Mt. Titlis and Jungfraucjoch on adjacent days becomes easier. (Lucerne to Engelberg using Swiss Travel Pass and then the cable cars for 50% off. Also from Lucerne to Interlaken using the Pass and the cogwheels at 25% off to Jungfraucjoch)
4. 21/4 - Take the Golden Pass route starting from Lucerne to Montreaux and visit some places in Montreaux (return to hotel by late evening)
5. 22/4 - Plan to do the Glacier Train this day but confused (see question below).
1. Does points (1),(2) & (3) above sound good ?
2. Is point (4) above OK to take the Golden Pass Panoramic train ?
3. How to plan the Glacier Train, point (5), if we are at Lucern ? We don't intend to cover the entire route from Zermatt to Chur or Davos but a substantial part of it with scenic views should be good enough.
Last modified on Dec 22, 2015 - 10:32 AM by sskundu