Recommended Route from Lucerne to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2011 at 9:41:18 #804642

Hi,

We are traveling from Lucerne to Interlaken in late september. We have a 2nd class swiss pass.

Could you please recommend a nice scenic route from Lucerne to interlaken.

Is golden pass route a good choice?? Is it worth to purchase a reservation for this train??

Please advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2011 at 10:15:23 #834021

hello, My first trip to Switz., I travelled on the regular train Lucerne to Interlaken and it is very scenic. Sit on the right side of the railcar Lucerne to Meringen and than switch to the opposite side of car for meringen to Interlaken. Lovely trip with much to see. Good travelling

Annika
    7104 posts
    24 August 2011 at 14:53:46 #834022

Hello kcheruk. Yes, the Golden Pass line definitely is a beautiful route. I agree with rahman: it’s also very enjoyable when traveling in regular trains, instead of the panoramic coaches requiring seat reservation. However, you should decide whether that suffices, or whether you’d like to enjoy the route in a more luxurious Golden Pass train with even larger windows – and thus even better views.

andrew
    Participant
    146 posts
    25 August 2011 at 16:16:00 #834023

No need to change from one side of the train to the other at Meiringen as the train reverses there and does it for you. Andrew

• The thread ‘Recommended Route from Lucerne to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.