Refund issue with Swiss rail tickets

• LucasW
    Participant
    5 posts
    22 December 2021 at 14:37:13 #826365

Hello. I have unfortunately had to cancel my entire trip to Switzerland due to the new Omicron variant appearing. Hopefully I’ll be able to visit Switzerland sometime in 2022, but for now I’ve had no choice but to cancel. Thus, I also canceled my tickets with Happyrail. However, as I have been e-mailing back and forth with Mandy from Happyrail customer service I have found out that she is not in favor of me getting a refund. Or at least that’s how she appears to me.

The issue at hand:

I have requested a refund on December 6th with my tickets attached as Mandy asked I’d do.

2 weeks later (which was yesterday) I sent her another email asking for a follow-up of my refund process to which she said she never received my tickets so she can’t process the refund. So of course, me being a bit upset as you can understand after 14 days of no update, I e-mailed her back with once again my tickets attached and a request for a refund to which I got no reply.

Then I sent her another e-mail asking if she received today’s tickets and refund request to which she answered no. Which is strange considering I’m DIRECTLY replying to her e-mails. But once I attach tickets whether it be in screenshot format or the original PDF format she doesn’t reply.

HOWEVER I had sent her an email previously providing a screenshot of the first e-mail I sent her on December 6 and she was able to see the screenshot of that email, but not the screenshots of my ticket? That’s strange to say the least. I am pretty concerned and almost certain that she doesn’t want to process my refund at all which is of coursed no way to handle your customers. Especially since I was planning to use their company again in 2022.

I would love to have some help as I have seen it is indeed possible to get a refund on other threads.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2021 at 15:57:13 #937859

Hi Lucas and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

I understand your concern and I am very sorry that you had to cancel your trip.

Could you please tell us what kind of tickets or passes were they?

Thank you,

Ildiko

LucasW
    Participant
    5 posts
    22 December 2021 at 15:57:55 #937860

Hi, thank you for your quick reply

My tickets:

4 DAYS CONSECUTIVE – 26+ YEARS

4 DAYS CONSECUTIVE – 16-25 YEARS

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 December 2021 at 16:47:27 #937861

Hi Lucas,

Sorry to hear this, that’s certainly frustrating! I’m quite sure this is caused by e-mail issues. Either your or their e-mail provider may have blocked the e-mails with attachments. Spam filters can really mess things up sometimes.

Can you try to e-mail us your tickets and your HappyRail order number(s)? Please reply here once you sent it.

By the way: note that Switzerland does not require to quarantine upon entry. Basically a negative test is sufficient. Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

LucasW
    Participant
    5 posts
    22 December 2021 at 17:17:14 #937862

Hi Arno, I have sent you the tickets + ref number by e-mail!

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 December 2021 at 18:36:33 #937863

Hi Lucas,

I received your e-mail and the attachments. Thanks! I’ll contact HappyRail right away. You’ll hear back from them or from me as soon as there’s news. Note that their office is in the CET time zone, so it will take 14 hours at the very least for a follow up. We still have a full week to deal with this so it will be ok.

LucasW
    Participant
    5 posts
    22 December 2021 at 18:40:16 #937864

Thank you so much Arno. You’re a lifesaver!

I’ll be awaiting the news

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 December 2021 at 10:02:54 #937865

Hi Lucas,

HappyRail assured me that they now have all details (reference number and passes) to process your cancellation. The official confirmation may follow after Christmas as any Swiss rail pass refund always has to go through the Federal Railways. But I’m sure it will be ok. Please keep an eye on your inbox and spam folder.

Feel free to get back to us here in case you need further assistance.

Enjoy the holidays nevertheless!

LucasW
    Participant
    5 posts
    23 December 2021 at 10:08:19 #937866

I’ll be awaiting the confirmation. Thank you for your help!!!

• The thread ‘Refund issue with Swiss rail tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.