regarding mount titlis and jungfrauch fare.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2015 at 0:40:42 #807030

Hi..

I am travelling to seitzerland from 5th to 8th april. With ur help I framed my iteanary with 3 day swiss pass. I am having sme confusions.

1. What exactly means that I vl get 25%discount at jungfrauch? Whether its in the rail fare? I vl b taking golden pass line from lucern to interlaken dn to jungfrauch. Plz guide me where I need to buy tickets( as there is twice interchange of trains also).

2. Same question is with the mt titlis, I will be going titlis from lucern.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    29 March 2015 at 9:19:06 #842225

Hi Ricks,

1. That means that you will get a 25% discount on the ticket for the part of the trip that is not free. The Swiss Travel Pass map shows what’s free and what’s discounted. You don’t need a ticket for the free sections. You can get the ticket at any station in Switzerland. Show your Swiss Travel Pass and you will get the correct ticket.

2. You can travel to Engelberg for free. Then you’ll walk to the cable car and buy a discounted ticket. More ticket information is on the Titlis page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2015 at 10:14:20 #842226

Thanx for the reply..

after looking into the swiss travel map I understood that upto lauterbrunnen/ grindleward we can board d free train from interlaken ost.Further we need to purchase ticket dat is on 25% discount.am I right?

Annika
    7116 posts
    29 March 2015 at 10:29:40 #842227

Actually it’s free as far as Wengen/Grindelwald, but that part of the map is tiny so you need to zoom in to see that. From that point on you need a ticket and it will be 25% discounted. You can get that ticket in Interlaken or any other station.

• The thread ‘regarding mount titlis and jungfrauch fare.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.