Acrobaleno one day card and Ticino Ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2017 at 18:10:27 #812328

Hi.

Can we book ZVV one day pass and acrobaleno one day card online and in advance?

I can not find it in SBB mobile app. Isn’t this app applicable for international tourists also?

May we get any discount with acrobaleno one day card in lake lugano boat travel?

Waiting for your reply, thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 June 2017 at 23:26:27 #865413

Hi Arijit,

I can’t answer your questions directly, but if you are staying in Lugano your hotel should provide a Ticino Ticket which offers free transport on trains and buses for all Acrobaleno network. You also get 25% discount on Lake Lugano ferries.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 5:00:16 #865414

Hi arijit,

>> Can we book ZVV one day pass and acrobaleno one day card online and in advance?

I can not find it in SBB mobile app.

At the following link, you can dowload the app for ZVV ticket purchases:

http://www.zvv.ch/zvv/en/serv ice/apps/ticket-app.html

There is no mention of online purchase for the 1-day Arcobaleno travelcard

http://www.arcobaleno.ch/en/b iglietti/carta-giornaliera

On the Arcobaleno home page, there is a link for downloading the app, but the app does not have a ticket-purchase function.

http://www.arcobaleno.ch/en

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 6:00:28 #865415

Thank you for your suggestions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 6:27:14 #865416

May I know whether the ticino tickets and acrobaleno tickets are the same? Cant we get any discount for single boat journey(lake lugano) using any of the tickets(ticino/acrobaleno)?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 7:10:33 #865417

Hi Arjit,

They are not the same but quite similar. If you are staying in the Ticino area your hotel can provide you with a free Ticino Card and that is all you would need. It does give discounts on boat cruises as well.

You can read about the Arcobaleno tickets/passes here and the Ticino Ticket here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 7:24:51 #865418

Thank you Lucas for your reply. The term and conditions of ticino tickets are available only in Italian which is difficult for me to make out. Can you help me to know the duration of the validity of ticino tickets? Cant we use the tickets for the rest of the day after checking out the hotel (hotel check out time 10:30-11:00 am)?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 June 2017 at 7:56:26 #865419

Hi Arijit

I was in Lugano a few weeks back. The hotel gave us a Ticino Ticket (we had to ask for it) which started on the day we checked in and ended on the day we checked out. It is valid all day on the days shown on the ticket.

See http://www.ticino.ch/en/ticke t.html

If you don’t see it in English then select the correct language via the drop down top right on the web page (that’s on a desktop browser, the mobile version has language choices at the bottom of the menu which pops up when you click the menu button top left).

I never used the ticket on the lake ferries but I understand you only get the 25% discount if you purchase a day pass for the ferry service. I used my Swiss Travel Pass Flex on the days we went on ferries so the trips were free.

This site http://www.arcobaleno.ch/en/c hi-siamo/le-imprese-di-trasporto says . . . .

“The Navigation Company of Lake Lugano (SNL) offers adiscount on its ferries to Arcobaleno passes holders.
    lakelugano.ch

The Navigation Company of Lake Maggiore (NLM) accepts monthly and annual passes on the Locarno-Magadino shuttle service
    navigazionelaghi.it

The Locarno – Madonna del Sasso Funicular Railway (FLMS) accepts monthly and annual passes
    madonnadelsasso.org

ASF Autolinee s.r.l. accepts Arcobaleno passes for the Lugano-Gandria route on the Lugano-Menaggio line.
    asfautolinee.it”

Not sure if SNL means day ticket or longer term pass although the others are more specific.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 8:25:42 #865420

Thank you Rockoyster for sharing your experience . It will help us a lot.

• The thread ‘Acrobaleno one day card and Ticino Ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.