Nice place near Lauterbrunnen for renewal of vows

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2019 at 15:19:55 #823017

My husband and I will be traveling to the Lauterbrunnen valley in late September to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Any recommendations of how to do a wedding vow renewal? Nothing to over the top, we just want to show our commitment to one another in this beautiful country.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 July 2019 at 12:27:24 #918494

Hi Yungatheart,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! What a wonderful idea! Can you share a bit more about your expectations? Are you just looking for a scenic spot in nature, or a restaurant? Will there be guests?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2019 at 17:32:38 #918495

We wouldn’t have anyone with us. Just the two of us. A nice restaurant recommendation to celebrate afterwards would be great. But we are looking for a scenic spot that an officiant or clergy could be there to witness our renewed vows to one another.

I appreciate the suggestions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    25 July 2019 at 11:05:54 #918496

Hi Yungatheart,

There is a wonderful view across the valley from the protestant church in Wengen (standing outside). Here’s a map:

map.search.ch/Wengen?pos=636852,161887&z=40 96&poi=gebaeude,verkeh r

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    26 July 2019 at 0:48:06 #918497

It is indeed a beautiful spot, IMO the most fabulous view spot in all of Switzerland.The issue is more about booking an officiant/clergy. There are at least 2, perhaps 3, churches in Wengen. Suggest that you reach out to tourist office to get contact information and/or advice. info@wengen.com

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    26 July 2019 at 7:47:53 #918498

You could hire two alphorn players. One would be near you, the other one on the other side of the valley. For 15 to 20 minutes. They will know what to do. Find a connection through the tourist office.

andrew
    Participant
    147 posts
    28 July 2019 at 16:14:30 #918499

Hi Yungatheart

You may be interested in St Bernard’s Anglican church in Wengen. It is part of the intercontinental Church Society or ICS. See http://www.ics-uk.org/wengen where you will find more details and dates. Chaplains visit for a week or three at a time.

I see that the last visiting Chaplain for this summer finishes on 24th September which may be to early for you.

I hope this helps and that you are able to renew your vows somewhere both worshipful and memorable.

Andrew

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 July 2019 at 1:37:30 #918500

<<“There is a wonderful view across the valley from the protestant church in Wengen (standing outside).”>>

Quite similar to this view, taken on a very clear day in June.

(Attached)

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Nice place near Lauterbrunnen for renewal of vows’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.