Report of day trips Bern to Montreux & Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2019 at 3:14:22 #822462

Dear friends, its an end to my short but fruitful and fulfilling first visit to Switzerland. Just for the benefit of new tourists on a short visit Iam describing my itienery.

On Saturday morning I bought a Swiss Travel Pass from Bern train station for 3 days knowing well I would be able to use it only for 2 days as I am flying out today,Sunday night. Started my trip from Bern as follows.

Train Bern>>Thun>Boat>>Spiez> Train>Zweisimmen(Cable car ride to Rinderberg and back)> Panoramic GoldenPass train>>Mountreux> Train >> Glion>Funicular ride down to Territet>Mountrex> Panoramic train back and back to Bern.

Sunday Bern to Interlaken Ost to Grindelwald, explored the nice little town, back to Interlaken West. Boat ride to Thun then back to Bern and now Zurich Airport.

I think given the time constraints I could savour an all round slice of Switzerland!! I know its not enough and trust me I will be back with my family for a longer trip. This was all possible due to the selfless enthusiasts on this forum. Kuddos to you all for such a wonderful experience.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2019 at 4:17:58 #916020

Thanks a million Manoj! 🙂

Take good care and kind regards,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 18:38:01 #916021

Thanks so much for this information! I was just wanting to ask when you would recommend visiting Switzerland? We are hoping to travel in 2020 and have the choice of May or June

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 June 2019 at 5:59:05 #916022

Hi Carrieallen2,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit to get idea about the different seasons in Switzerland.

Angel7105
    Participant
    65 posts
    30 June 2019 at 3:32:44 #916023

Hi manoj nair,
    Thanks for the good info. I plan to visit next year 2020, may.

Angel7105

• The thread ‘Report of day trips Bern to Montreux & Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.