Reservation needed for Zweisimmen to Montreux?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 6:15:51 #815794

hi.

i have chk the site and using swiss travel pass i can travel free on golden pass train Section 3: Zweisimmen to Montreux route

then why do i need reservations ?

is that anything which i wrong understand ?

Regards

Rushabh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 7:08:38 #884499

Hi Rushabh,

You do not need seat reservations, although reservations are recommended for some trains (denoted MOB Panoramic or Belle Epoque) on the Montreux to Zweisimmen leg. See the timetable for details.
    You have to click on a connection to expand it and get the additional information, which will include the words MOB PANORAMIC for the trains with panoramic windows. The VIP seats on this leg need to be booked in advanced in any case.

Not sure when you are traveling, but during construction works it’s not possible to make any seat reservations.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 12:01:05 #884500

i am planning to do this route on May 20 so i can not reserved seats .

as i can not reserved seats then can take any trains ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 19:40:45 #884501

Indeed you won’t be able to reserve seats. You can take any train which you can do in any case as it is not mandatory to reserve seats. It’s only a recommendation.

• The thread ‘Reservation needed for Zweisimmen to Montreux?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.