Reservation on Golden Pass Panoramic train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2016 at 2:44:23 #808921

hi,

i plan to travel from Montreux to Interlaken by Golden Pass Panaromic train.

for reservation fro Montreux to Zwseimmen for 4 persons it is showing charge as $21.

just wanted to know whether I am seeing right thing.

i have first class Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days and When I read it says Golden Pass is free on this .

wanted your guidance should Ireserve seat by giving this amount.

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2016 at 8:34:59 #850822

Hi,

You don’t need seat reservations on Golden Pass. If you have a 1st class Swiss Travel Pass, you can simply board and find a seat for yourself. Unless you want to be seated in the VIP section towards the front which does require reservation.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2016 at 17:46:52 #850823

Thanks Kundu for your reply.

in case we want to have the reservation then, do we need to pay for it?

also when we see the route on Euro rail site then IT says reservation is must for panaromic train like no, 3118 at 9:44 from Montreux.

i a slightly confused.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 April 2016 at 18:22:15 #850824

Only this timetable is fully accurate for Switzerland. Please use that one to check schedules and whether or not you need reservations.

If you want a reservation you need to pay for that.

• The thread ‘Reservation on Golden Pass Panoramic train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.