Reservation postal bus from Menaggio to St Moritz

• ntnear
    Participant
    4 posts
    30 July 2016 at 6:30:45 #809778

We have Flex Swiss Travel Passes for 4 days in September, and plan to use them on the 631 route postal bus Sept 18 from Menaggio Italy to St Moritz. I went to the postauto.ch website to make seat reservations and it seemed to work (I have the booking number), but there was no request to pay for the reservation. Is this correct — is the seat reservation free? I would hate to find out later that we lost our seats because we didn’t know how to pay for them! Thank you for your help. We have been to Switzerland many times before, always using the wonderful trains, buses, and boats.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    31 July 2016 at 9:36:27 #854675

Welcome to MySwissAlps, ntnear!

I think you’re referring to the Palm Express which has route number 90.631? Reservations are recommended indeed, but not charged as far as I can see. So I think you’re all set now. If a surcharge still appears to be required, I expect you can just pay for it at the spot.

ntnear
    Participant
    4 posts
    31 July 2016 at 15:14:14 #854676

Thank you for confirming this, Annika. I can rest easier now!

• The thread ‘Reservation postal bus from Menaggio to St Moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.