Restaurant recommendation for Lucerne & Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Katzeye
Katzeye
6 posts
Jun 30, 2019 - 9:10 PM

Does anyone have any dinner restaurant recommendations for Lucerne or Interlaken area? Prefer great food and a place that doesn't close by 9:00 pm.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6873 posts
expert
Jul 1, 2019 - 12:08 AM in reply to Katzeye

How sophisticated? When, exactly? Style/cuisine preferences?

Most good Swiss restaurants remain open long after 9 PM, except, perhaps on Sundays.

I can help with Luzern... I spend a lot of time there, but not Interlaken. I avoid it.

Please help me by refining your question.

Slowpoke

Katzeye
Katzeye
6 posts
Jul 1, 2019 - 12:37 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Good local (not touristy) restaurant preferred. Could be German, Swiss, Italian, or French. We need a recommendation in Lucerne as well. Thanks.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6873 posts
expert
Jul 1, 2019 - 1:12 AM in reply to Katzeye

<<"Good local (not touristy) restaurant preferred. ">>

When?

You are staying in touristy places. If you want non-touristy restaurants, you'll go to places such as:

www.hotel-sauvage.ch/en/

in Fribourg.

<<"We need a recommendation in Lucerne as well. ">>

Luzern is the German name for German-speaking "Lucerne."

Please give me a clue on price range...or "degree of luxury."

For what it is worth, in Luzern, I eat at the sausage stand in the train station, Restaurant Schiff and Rathausbrauerei, both on Unter der Egg, as well as Bambou by Thomas, at The Hotel.

My Swiss friends like Wirtshaus Galliker.....full of old Swiss tradition and traditional Swiss food.. My one trip there did not persuade me to go back, but, it is a good restaurant. Do a name search on Google, or:

www.facebook.com/Wirts haus-Galliker-108060945984175/

Slowpoke

www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne
www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken

Lana1231012
Lana1231012
37 posts
Jul 1, 2019 - 11:41 AM in reply to Katzeye

Hello ,

since you ll stay in touristy places, it’s not easy to find restaurant where only local people preferred to eat , especially in high season ( you didn’t mention when you ll be in Switzerland ). Maybe in some inns?As we also planning our vacation starting from Zurich at July 31, I did some research & followed Slowpoke’s respond to the post “Foodies looking....” Its always so interesting to read Slowpoke posts, because they’re full of outstanding recommendations with many details ( which are so helpful to foreigners ). We did reservation at Bambou by Thomas” in Lucerne for August 2 ( it happens to be #1 restaurant in Lucerne by TripAdvisor).

Have a great trip!

Best, Lana

Black Friday deals for Switzerland

Take advantage of the Black Friday 2019 deals! There are some very good discounts for travelers to Switzerland.
More information

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019