Restricted travel times with Swiss Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2013 at 12:52:16 #805784

Hi
    Please can you let me know if we buy the Swiss Rail Pass for 4 people and make use of the 15% discount as we will be travelling together are we restricted to certain travel times. I read somewhere you can’t get the early morning/rush hour or popular time train trips.

Or are we able to catch the train any time during the day

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 February 2013 at 3:40:49 #838043

Hi Jeannie,

There are no time restrictions for the Swiss Pass. You can travel all day long. You’re from South Africa, right? Your local reseller offers the pass here, and an overview of all resellers can be found here if you fill out your country, pass type, etc. I expect new promotions to become available in a few days time, so you may want to wait a few days before ordering to see if you can make use of it. I don’t know details yet; they will be posted here in the forum.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2013 at 1:29:50 #838044

thanks so much Arno – Yes we are from South Africa so I need’nt tell you the cost of the pass for us varies on a daily basis – not sure what has happened to our currency the last couple of weeks – really gone for a loop!!! So really have to watch the cost of things.
    Only travel 26 March so will take your advice and hold on for a couple more days

Thank you very much
    Jeannie

• The thread ‘Restricted travel times with Swiss Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.