Return ticket St. Moritz cheaper than 2 singles?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2018 at 16:57:27 #816924

Hi All,

I am flying into Zurich Airport next Friday and want to take a train to St Moritz that same day and then back to Zurich on Sunday. I’m assuming this is a return ticket (as I read somewhere you can take up to 10 days to use the run journey). Is this correct?

If so, I also read I can’t buy it online, but have to do it a ticket machine. I think I will not have much time between my flight and the train I am trying to catch, so I would preferably book one in advance. If that is not possible for a return journey I am wondering if it is worth just buying two singles instead so I don’t have to wait for an hour for the next train if the the “ticket buying” takes too long.

I can’t find the price of the return ticket anywhere as you obviously can’t buy it online. Does anyone here have an idea of how much the discount really is of a return journey compared to two singles. Is it worth getting at a machine? Or is it not worth the hassle?

Any advice would be much appreciated 🙂

John

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2018 at 5:56:59 #889580

Hi Handenlal and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you are buying a ticket from Zurich airport to St. Moritz then it is a one-way ticket. I don’t think I’ve ever bought a round-trip ticket in Switzerland before spanning more than a day – there is no cost savings that I am aware of.

You can certainly buy 2 one-way tickets yes: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland
    You can also look at a Saver Day Pass which may save you money: https://www.myswissalp s.com/onedaytravelpass /details

• The thread ‘Return ticket St. Moritz cheaper than 2 singles?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.