Return ticket St. Moritz cheaper than 2 singles?

Return ticket St. Moritz cheaper than 2 singles?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Handenlal
Handenlal
1 post
Jun 27, 2018 - 4:57 PM

Hi All,

I am flying into Zurich Airport next Friday and want to take a train to St Moritz that same day and then back to Zurich on Sunday. I'm assuming this is a return ticket (as I read somewhere you can take up to 10 days to use the run journey). Is this correct?

If so, I also read I can't buy it online, but have to do it a ticket machine. I think I will not have much time between my flight and the train I am trying to catch, so I would preferably book one in advance. If that is not possible for a return journey I am wondering if it is worth just buying two singles instead so I don't have to wait for an hour for the next train if the the "ticket buying" takes too long.

I can't find the price of the return ticket anywhere as you obviously can't buy it online. Does anyone here have an idea of how much the discount really is of a return journey compared to two singles. Is it worth getting at a machine? Or is it not worth the hassle?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

John

Lucas
Lucas
8820 posts
expert &
Jun 28, 2018 - 5:56 AM in reply to Handenlal

Hi Handenlal and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you are buying a ticket from Zurich airport to St. Moritz then it is a one-way ticket. I don't think I've ever bought a round-trip ticket in Switzerland before spanning more than a day - there is no cost savings that I am aware of.

You can certainly buy 2 one-way tickets yes: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland
You can also look at a Saver Day Pass which may save you money: https://www.myswissalp s.com/onedaytravelpass /details

Last modified on Jun 29, 2018 - 5:50 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018