Return ticket St. Moritz cheaper than 2 singles?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Handenlal
Handenlal
1 post
Jun 27, 2018 - 4:57 PM

Hi All,

I am flying into Zurich Airport next Friday and want to take a train to St Moritz that same day and then back to Zurich on Sunday. I'm assuming this is a return ticket (as I read somewhere you can take up to 10 days to use the run journey). Is this correct?

If so, I also read I can't buy it online, but have to do it a ticket machine. I think I will not have much time between my flight and the train I am trying to catch, so I would preferably book one in advance. If that is not possible for a return journey I am wondering if it is worth just buying two singles instead so I don't have to wait for an hour for the next train if the the "ticket buying" takes too long.

I can't find the price of the return ticket anywhere as you obviously can't buy it online. Does anyone here have an idea of how much the discount really is of a return journey compared to two singles. Is it worth getting at a machine? Or is it not worth the hassle?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

John

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Jun 28, 2018 - 5:56 AM in reply to Handenlal

Hi Handenlal and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you are buying a ticket from Zurich airport to St. Moritz then it is a one-way ticket. I don't think I've ever bought a round-trip ticket in Switzerland before spanning more than a day - there is no cost savings that I am aware of.

You can certainly buy 2 one-way tickets yes: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland
You can also look at a Saver Day Pass which may save you money: https://www.myswissalp s.com/onedaytravelpass /details

Last modified on Nov 8, 2018 - 2:21 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019