Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Right ticket for two days in Interlaken

Right ticket for two days in Interlaken

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Reshma
Reshma
1 post
Jun 22, 2016 - 12:17 PM

Hello

We are traveling first time to swiz. I would like to know which would be the right and most economic ticket to go for two days in Interlaken and best way to get there, whether by a train or bus. We are travelling from Munich with our 1 year old so we prefer just sight seeing around the city and also to take glacier express to jungfrau.

Thanks im advance

Annika
Annika
6137 posts
expert &
Jun 22, 2016 - 1:37 PM

Hello Reshma, welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are no buses to Interlaken that I know of. There are several routes from Munich to Interlaken. Most are train only, some include a bus from Munich to Zurich. You can best check the timetable for details.

There is not much in Interlaken that qualifies as sightseeing (like museums, monuments). I would recommend to focus on the surrounding lakes and the Jungfrau region south of town. You'll find lots of details here: www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken.

The Glacier Express does not go to Jungfraujoch. Please see:

Before picking a rail pass, you will first need a detailed itinerary: your route to Interlaken, which day trips you intend to make, and where you go next from Interlaken. The below pages will be helpful:

I hope this gets you started. If you need more help, please feel free to post your detailed plan (dates too please) and questions.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020