River path Stein am Rhein to Schaffhausen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2012 at 6:03:48 #805383

Hullo to the “forum”….Just out of curiosity, is it possible to walk along the Rhein River on a “paved footpath” alongside the river from Stein am Rhein to Schaffhausen? are there train/bus stops where the walk[if there is such a route] allow for public transport options to shorten the walk? Can someone tell me the distance[along the river pathway] between the two destinations? I have read that it is an easy cycle between the two towns..so am interested about walking along the Rhein.:-)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 June 2012 at 8:53:57 #836467

Hi mbear. Yes, that’s possible; it’s actually a 22 km leg of the ‘Via Rhenana’, a hiking route along the Rhine. I’m pretty sure it’s described at the Wanderland website (it’s offline at the moment, but you should try and get back there for more information). Information in German can be found here as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2012 at 1:03:25 #836468

Thanks Annika…further to this topic,do you know if bicycle hire can be just one way..ie Stein am Rhein to Schaffhausen? Also is it flat all the way?

Annika
    7104 posts
    17 June 2012 at 6:26:24 #836469

Hello mbear. Yes, you can hire a bike in one town and hand it in in the other. The procedure and the rental stations are described at Veloland Schweiz.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2012 at 21:27:37 #836470

Thanks for your help Annika…”too many options…too little time” The tourist’s dilemma!!

• The thread ‘River path Stein am Rhein to Schaffhausen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.