Round trip ticket Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg bus

• swisstravel9
    Participant
    3 posts
    27 June 2022 at 23:22:19 #827620

Hi,

If i buy a round trip on 141 bus can i hop on and off on that day or do I need to buy ticket again after first time? Same question for train routes, if I buy a single or return ticket on a train, can I travel on same route multiple times that day, or do I need to buy a new ticket every time?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    28 June 2022 at 7:25:48 #943699

Hi swisstravel9,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

A return ticket is usually valid the whole day. You can use the same ticket to travel on the same route more than once.

You can find more information about travelling by bus here: http://www.myswissalps.com/bus/tickets

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 June 2022 at 10:36:59 #943700

Hi Swisstravel9,

A regular return bus ticket is valid all day, for 1 journey to and 1 journey from your destination. In your case, for example, you can use it for 1 journey Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg and 1 journey Stechelberg-Lauterbrunnen.

This means you can get out during the route and hop on again on a later bus with the same ticket. But as far as I know you’re not allowed to repeat stretches. You’ll have to board a bus at the same stop at which you got off, or a stop farther along the line. So you can’t use a return ticket for unlimited trips during 1 day.

• The thread ‘Round trip ticket Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg bus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.