Saver Day Pass valid on all types of trains/trams?

• Lucian
    Participant
    3 posts
    7 February 2020 at 10:13:58 #825142

Hello,

I am planning to visit Switzerland early in April 2020 and I have already purchased Saver Day Pass via SBB online application at a very good price (52 CHF – NO Half Fare)

However, looking at the Saver Day Pass details on your website, apparently this type of purchase offers me a lot of train travelling options like IC, IR and even Golden pass from Interlaken – Luzern, several boat trips and more.

I would just like to double check if everything applies because it is hard to think that a 52 CHF one day pass can offer such a variety of options considering the high prices for travelling throughout the country using point to point ticket for example.

I am just afraid to be fined by the train personnel if I am not compliant with the rules.

Another question:

1. Saver Day Pass can be use for example in Zurich trams? I know a different company called ZVV is operating operating these lines, not SBB.

If all these are valid, I consider that Saver Day Pass is an amazing way to save money traveling for a couple of days (max 2) like me.

Awaiting your response on my query and thanks in advance,

Lucian

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6384 posts
    7 February 2020 at 10:19:24 #929693

Hi Lucian,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Saver Day Pass is valid on all public transportation in Switzerland, including the trams in Zurich.

You can find all the details of where its’s valid here, including a map you can download:

http://www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/validity

Regards,

Anna

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 February 2020 at 20:50:48 #929694

Hi Lucian,

It’s a great deal indeed if you are packing in a lot of travel on public transport. 😎

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2020 at 1:22:49 #929695

It is indeed valid as a ‘go anywhere’ aka ‘rover’ ticket on the complete ‘main’ Swiss public transport network – and you don’t even have to show it to anyone (particularly on urban transport). You are correct – it is a very good value for money.

example: armed with an on line purchased SDP on one day last December I landed from London at Zurich and walked onto an IC train within 20 minutes of landing and used it during the day in the following sequence:

IC train, IR train, Regional train, Regional train, IR train, S-Bahn train, Zurich tram, regional train, A-Welle local bus

Lucian
    Participant
    3 posts
    8 February 2020 at 6:58:21 #929696

Hello,

Thank you everyone for the advices, your help means a lot to me.

Basically I already have a plan to wake up early in the morning and hit the following locations in the first Saver Day:

1. Zurich – Interlaken IC 9 + IC61- up to the Harder Kulm

2. Interlaken -Lauterbrunnen – Regio train

3. Lauterbrunnen – Interlaken – Regio train

4. Interlaken – Luzern – IR LUZERN INTERLAKEN EXPRESS

5. Luzern – Zurich IR 70 ( probably late in the night)

I will be weather dependant though, I do not know if I can rely on sunny days early in April, but this plan looks feasible to me.

As a backup plan,if the weather is going to be bad in the Interlaken area, I still may have options to: Bern, or Rhine falls, Uetliberg just in case.

If you guys think I can tune up my itinerary, I am open to make updates:).

Cheers,

Lucian

Anna
    6384 posts
    8 February 2020 at 9:37:05 #929697

Hi Lucian,

When are you travelling? I think Harder Kulm is only accessible from 10 April onwards.

Just to be clear though, the Saver Day Pass will not cover your trip on the funicular to Harder Kulm, as the funicular is not considered a public transportation.

Regards,

Anna

Lucian
    Participant
    3 posts
    8 February 2020 at 9:53:22 #929698

Hi Anna,

Yes indeed, you are right, I forgot about opening date. I need to skip the Harder kulm as the visit is 3rd- 5th April.

But I think there are enough options remaining for me. For example I can switch Harder Kulm with an Iseltwald castle visit, it may be fun as well.

Regards,

Lucian

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 February 2020 at 10:00:31 #929699

From Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus) if you want a quick trip into the Alps, sort of.

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass valid on all types of trains/trams?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.