SBB timetable Lucerne to Pilatus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 October 2016 at 14:52:25 #810203

Hi everyone,

I’m planning a trip to Pilatus from Lucerne and from reading this website, the timetable is one of the helpful tools in planning my trip. However, I’m confused on some things, namely:

1. “To” – is Kriens, Pilatus Bahn the correct choice for Pilatus?

2. “Via” – please help me with this. I don’t know what to put.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    6 October 2016 at 15:19:00 #856442

Hi Luthienbabe, welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

1. The cableway station at the top is Pilatus Kulm, but if you just fill out Pilatus the timetable will understand.

2. You can omit that. It’s optional for if you want to force it to show one specific route only.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2016 at 3:34:02 #856443

Hi,

Thanks for the help 🙂

Unfortunately since I’ll be travelling in April the timetable is won’t be much help to me right now. But I will be going back to it from time to time if it has an April schedule already.

Love this site, very useful!

Arno
    15482 posts
    7 October 2016 at 12:47:49 #856444

The timetable should work for April by the end of this month. I don’t expect the schedules to change much though. The schedule for April this year (you can try that) will likely be the same next year.

Thanks for the compliments!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 October 2016 at 15:23:10 #856445

Ok I will try the April 2016 schedule, thanks!

By the way, I was checking the prices for the different Pilatus excursion (Golden Round trip, Silver Round trip, Winter Round trip) and I notice that all of them are not available on April. Are they really close during April?

Thanks

Arno
    15482 posts
    8 October 2016 at 9:50:37 #856446

Those circular trips are indeed not possible in April as the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad does not operate until early May or so (depending on the weather). Only the cableway from Kriens operates, so that’s the way to visit the mountain in April.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 October 2016 at 4:34:55 #856447

Thanks Arno for your all your advise.

Regards,

Luthien

• The thread ‘SBB timetable Lucerne to Pilatus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.