Drive Bern, Lauterbrunnen, Tasch, Lugano,Weggis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 13:55:48 #820509

Can someone please recommend the most scenic routes to drive between the following places:

Bern to Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen to Tasche

Tasche to Lugano

Lugano to Weggis

Thank you so much for any help you can give!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    20 March 2019 at 19:55:59 #907060

Well, I can’t, because I have no idea where Tasche could be. Sorry about that!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 20:06:05 #907061

Sorry about that…I didn’t realize I spelled it wrong. Tasch. It is the place you park your car to go to Zermatt.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2019 at 2:15:29 #907062

All depends on date of travel (high Alpine passes are date dependent)

The following applies to mid summer

Bern – Lauterbrunnen:

no scenic route as such (but remember – most of Switzerland is scenic in some way!) Bern to Spiez via motorway then along the lake to Interlaken, then up the valley to Lauterbrunnen, or divert round the north side of Lake Thun from Thun to Interlaken.

Lauterbrunnen to Täsch:

High route: Lauterbrunnen – Interlaken – Meiringen – Grimsel Pass – Gletsch – Brig – Visp – Täsch (might be cheaper to park at Visp)

lower route: Interlaken – Spiez – Kandersteg – BLS car carrying train through Lötschberg – Goppenstein – Visp

Täsch to Lugano:

Visp – Brig – Ulrichen – Nufenen Pass – Airolo – Biasca – Bellinzona (Castles!) – Lugano

Lugano to Weggis:

Lugano – Gotthard Pass – Andermatt – Göschenen – Altdorf – Brunnen Vitznau – Weggis

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2019 at 11:15:25 #907063

Hi MsVR,

I have not driven that particular route so have nothing else to add, although I think you have some very good suggestions already!

Here are some links that may help you further:

All the best on your journey!

Maria.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2019 at 14:22:54 #907064

Thank you 1960man you are most helpful!

• The thread ‘Drive Bern, Lauterbrunnen, Tasch, Lugano,Weggis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.