Use Swiss Travel Pass Flex for Schilthorn or train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2019 at 19:30:19 #822202

Hi

I have a 4 day Flexi Swiss pass .

Day -1 . Used from Zurich airport to lucerne

day -2 . Used from lucerne to engelberg and visit to Titlis and come Bk to lucerne .

day -3 . Plan is to go from lucerne to interlaken by using Swiss pass and cover schillthorn , but weather is not good on 12 th June .so thinking to go to schillthorn on day -4 (weather is sunny on 13 th June ) Question is when should i use Swiss pass day-3 or day -4 . Stay is at lauterbrunne

day-4 . Covering interlaken or schillthorn ??. Not able to plan . Stay is at lauterbrunnen

Day —5 will use Swiss pass. Lauterbrunne to zermatt and visit Matterhorn .

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 June 2019 at 19:54:18 #914851

Hi Jlenseyrow,

I have moved your thread to the Rail forum because this is not a report about a completed trip. You can best use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex for your most expensive trips, so you can save most. The Schilthorn cable car without the pass is more expensive than the train from Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen, so I would use the pass on day 4.

Enjoy the trip!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 June 2019 at 22:02:57 #914852

Your day 1 is the cheapest trip. Don’t use a day off your pass for that.

From Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schiltorn (don’t miss The Thrill Walk at Birg) and even Allmendhubel if you have time. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look. The entire circuit and side trips are free with the Swiss Travel Pass apart from the Allmendhubel Funicular (50% discount) and the Falls (modest entry fee).

• The thread ‘Use Swiss Travel Pass Flex for Schilthorn or train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.