Schilthorn from Brig or Interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2018 at 16:24:14 #816543

Hi,

We are going to Chur on July 14 to take the Glacier express the next day. Our plan is to take the Glacier express on July 15th until Brig and then take regular train to Interlaken. We then have one more day in Interlaken (July 16th) on which we are planning to do a trip to Shilthorn while exploring Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen and tummelback falls. However, after reading about the options to reach Shilthorn, I saw that we will again be coming back to Brig. So my question is, should we do Schilthorn the same day that we are taking the Glacier express i.e. reach brig, keep the luggage at train station, take the cable car to Schilthorn and back and then head for the onward journey to Interlaken. That way we will have more time to explore Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen separately or should we stick to the original plan?

• The thread ‘Schilthorn from Brig or Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.