Saver Day Pass coverage for Mt Rigi trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2018 at 1:16:46 #816229

Hi,

Can anyone please advise if the “MT RIGI MAJESTIC ROUND TRIP” fully covered via the Swiss Saver Day Pass? Also, can you please confirm if the “WEGGIS–RIGI KALTBAD” Cablecar is covered by the Swiss Saver Day Pass?

Regards

Deepak

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2018 at 8:46:10 #886326

Hi Deepak,

Yes, Rigi is covered by the Saver Day Pass (the only mountain that is).

You can see on the PDF map that it is covered on the following link:

https://www.myswissalp s.com/onedaytravelpass /details
    Click the link for the SBB site ‘saver day pass’ under more information on other websites.
    and open the Synoptic PDF map.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 3:52:17 #886327

Hi,

I’m also going to buy the Saver Day Pass. However, it appears to me that it only covers half price (50% discount) of the routes from Vitznau to Rigi and the “WEGGIS–RIGI KALTBAD” Cablecar.

Can anyone please confirm the above? If they are correct, how much should I pay in extra if I have the Saver Day Pass?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jeff

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 June 2018 at 4:07:28 #886328

Hello Jeff,

Lucas gave the answer in his response to Deepak. If you look at the map you will see a solid black line WEGGIS–RIGI KALTBAD. Solid line equals covered by SDP.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 5:02:15 #886329

Thanks rokoyster.

I did download the “Synoptic Map” pdf a couple of weeks ago. In the pdf, it’s dotted lines for routes from Vitznau to Rigi and the “WEGGIS–RIGI KALTBAD” Cablecar, which confused me. I’ve attached this pdf here. I think they may have updated the link.

Another question. In the map, it shows dotted lines from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch, which I assume it’s 50% discount if I have the Saver Day Pass. Does that mean it is cheaper than the Swiss Pass holders who only get 20% discount for this route?

Regards,

Jeff

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 June 2018 at 6:16:49 #886330

I’m not sure what that map is you are referring to or where you get the idea of 20% discount on any route.

The official map for the Area of validity GA travelcard and Half-Fare Card is here. That’s the only one you need to worry about. It’s the same as the map in the link I provided above.

The Saver Day Pass offers no discount beyond Grindelwald and Wengen towards Jungfraujoch (which is 25% discount with Swiss Travel Pass) UNLESS you also have a Swiss Half Fare Card. The Saver Day Pass without Swiss Half Fare Card does not provide discounts on ANY dotted lines.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2018 at 6:50:45 #886331

Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 3:14:10 #886332

Hi Jeff,

Do you remember where you downloaded that map from? It is many years out of date – that’s why the information on it is not correct.

It’s also not relevant for the Saver Day Pass.

Rockoyster has pointed you in the right direction.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 3:53:17 #886333

I would assume that I downloaded that map pdf from the same link that Lucas provided, Obviously now the link has the correct pdf file.

Regards,

Jeff

• The thread ‘Saver Day Pass coverage for Mt Rigi trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.