Seat reservation for Bernina Express bus?

Seat reservation for Bernina Express bus?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rarintara
Rarintara
6 posts
Jul 20, 2017 - 9:29 PM

We will have STP and plan for BerninaEX route in the first week of Sep. We try to avoid big crowd panoramic train. However, it seems to me we need to take the bus which is a part of BEX from Tirano to Lugano. It requires seat reservation. Happyrail.com has seat reservation for whole BEX. Is it possible to reserve seat on SBB app? Please advice alternative web site. Thank you.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Jul 20, 2017 - 11:21 PM

Hello Rarintara and Wecome to MySwissAlps,

Yes that is possible but not with SBB app. I made my reservation here www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#timetable

Happy travels.

Rarintara
Rarintara
6 posts
Jul 21, 2017 - 12:54 AM

Hi rockoyster,

Thank you.

Rarintara
Rarintara
6 posts
Jul 21, 2017 - 1:26 AM

Hi rockosyter,

Which side is good, driver or passenger side?

Thank you.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Jul 21, 2017 - 4:58 AM in reply to Rarintara

Hello Rarintara,

The left hand side of the bus (ie driver's side) gives you the best view as you travel around the shores of Lake Como and Lake Lugano. The scenery from Tirano to Lake Como is not fantastic.

If you are brave you could try to get the two front row seats on the right hand side alongside the driver. You then get a driver's eye view of the trip. Not for the faint hearted! See my trip report at https://goo.gl/LTkZjT 😇

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018