Seat reservation for Bernina Express bus?

• Rarintara
    Participant
    6 posts
    20 July 2017 at 21:29:53 #812681

We will have STP and plan for BerninaEX route in the first week of Sep. We try to avoid big crowd panoramic train. However, it seems to me we need to take the bus which is a part of BEX from Tirano to Lugano. It requires seat reservation. Happyrail.com has seat reservation for whole BEX. Is it possible to reserve seat on SBB app? Please advice alternative web site. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    20 July 2017 at 23:21:49 #867105

Hello Rarintara and Wecome to MySwissAlps,

Yes that is possible but not with SBB app. I made my reservation here http://www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#timetable

Happy travels.

Rarintara
    Participant
    6 posts
    21 July 2017 at 0:54:39 #867106

Hi rockoyster,

Thank you.

Rarintara
    Participant
    6 posts
    21 July 2017 at 1:26:00 #867107

Hi rockosyter,

Which side is good, driver or passenger side?

Thank you.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    21 July 2017 at 4:58:02 #867108

Hello Rarintara,

The left hand side of the bus (ie driver’s side) gives you the best view as you travel around the shores of Lake Como and Lake Lugano. The scenery from Tirano to Lake Como is not fantastic.

If you are brave you could try to get the two front row seats on the right hand side alongside the driver. You then get a driver’s eye view of the trip. Not for the faint hearted! See my trip report at https://goo.gl/LTkZjT 😇

• The thread ‘Seat reservation for Bernina Express bus?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.