Train seat reservation from Interlaken blocked?

Train seat reservation from Interlaken blocked?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ibbi
Ibbi
12 posts
Jun 20, 2018 - 6:25 AM

Hi! I was trying to reserve a seat from interlaken to spiez on the SBB website for morning of 10th of July.... it shows that the train is temporarily blocked. We intend to travel to zweissmann and then onto Montreux. I have already reserved the tickets for the zweissmann - Montreux part...but not through the SBB website. In fact we were not able to reserve the seats from interlaken to luzern as well on the SBB site. Hope this is a technical website glitch and the trains are running as mentioned in the timetable. I understand that it is not a necessity to reserve seats...but still I was worried seeing that the trains were temporarily blocked !

Lucas
Lucas
8952 posts
expert &
Jun 20, 2018 - 3:47 PM in reply to Ibbi

Hi Ibbi,

i don't see any issue with trains between Interlaken and Spiez on the timetable for July 10.
https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable - maybe a glitch earlier?

Arno
Arno
11186 posts
expert &
Jun 20, 2018 - 6:04 PM

Hello Ibbi,

There is no need for seat reservations from Interlaken to Spiez. There are 3 trains per hour and it's basically mass transit. Just hop on and find a seat. No need for reservations for most other trains either: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/reservations.

Enjoy your trip!

Last modified on Jun 20, 2018 - 6:04 PM by Arno
Ibbi
Ibbi
12 posts
Jun 20, 2018 - 6:29 PM

Thanks a lot Lucas and Arno

1960man
1960man
535 posts
top member
Jun 23, 2018 - 12:21 AM

No need for reservations on the standard gauge section Interlaken - Spiez - Zweisimmen. The 09.08 from Interlaken Ost is a through train - no need to change at Spiez.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018