Can I still board fully booked Jungfraujoch train?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2019 at 20:53:29 #823315

Hi,

Quick query – if website shows that all seats are sold out for any specific time between Kleine Scheidegg – Jungfraujoch, does it mean I have to wait for next train/funicular to board it provided this also have capacity? Am I allowed to board in such case?

or can I still board the funicular without considering seat availability?

Thanks

Ashish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    9 August 2019 at 5:49:15 #919669

Hi Ashish!

No, that doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t board that specific train (it’s not a funicular by the way). Not all seats are up for seat reservations, they usually keep quite some available for travelers that haven’t made reservations. I don’t know when you’ll be traveling and which website you’re using (see the several options we link to from http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets), but trains in high season months of July and August could be completely full indeed. Train personnel at Kleine Scheidegg will indicate whether or not passengers can still board. If not, they’ll have to wait for the next train.

If you don’t succeed online, you can still try to get reservations at one of the railway stations once you’re there.

• The thread ‘Can I still board fully booked Jungfraujoch train?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.