Seat reservations for buses

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2013 at 4:26:11 #805989

Hello!
    Could youplease tell me whether it is necessary to make a seat reservation beforehandfor the bus 111 Meiringen – Steingletscher, Susten and for the bus 17205 Innertkirchen– Gadmen, Obermaad?
    Is itnecessary to make a seat reservation for the bus Chur – S. Bernardino –Bellinzona in case I do not go along all the route but descend at Via Mala?
    Thank youin advance.
    Olena.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    10 May 2013 at 6:38:18 #838660

Hello Olena. These buses don’t require seat reservations. You can check for yourself by entering the trip in the timetable (select Zillis, Viamala-schlucht for your specific destination from Chur) and clicking the plus symbol at the right of each connection to have details displayed. Only if an ‘R’ in a rectangle is displayed, reservations are obligatory. Mind that the bus between Meiringen and Steingletscher requires the purchase of an additional ‘Alpine Ticket‘, even if you have a rail pass. You can buy it directly from the bus driver.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2013 at 3:35:56 #838661

Hello Annika,
    Thank you very much for your help! Could you please also tell me, in general, if a bus requires a seat reservation, where should it be done in Switzerland? Can I do it at railway stations? Can it be done at every bus stop?
    Where can one make a seat reservation online?
    Thank you in advance.
    Olena.

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 May 2013 at 4:12:40 #838662

Hi Olena,

You can book bus seats at manned rail stations or manned bus stations. There are some options online as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2013 at 8:49:42 #838663

Hi Arno,
    thank you very much! This is just a wonderful site, it is really so helpful!

• The thread ‘Seat reservations for buses’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.