Seat reservations for buses

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
olena
olena
11 posts
May 8, 2013 - 6:26 AM
Hello!
Could youplease tell me whether it is necessary to make a seat reservation beforehandfor the bus 111 Meiringen – Steingletscher, Susten and for the bus 17205 Innertkirchen– Gadmen, Obermaad?
Is itnecessary to make a seat reservation for the bus Chur – S. Bernardino –Bellinzona in case I do not go along all the route but descend at Via Mala?
Thank youin advance.
Olena.
Annika
Annika
5006 posts
expert &
May 10, 2013 - 6:38 AM

Hello Olena. These buses don't require seat reservations. You can check for yourself by entering the trip in the timetable (select Zillis, Viamala-schlucht for your specific destination from Chur) and clicking the plus symbol at the right of each connection to have details displayed. Only if an 'R' in a rectangle is displayed, reservations are obligatory. Mind that the bus between Meiringen and Steingletscher requires the purchase of an additional 'Alpine Ticket', even if you have a rail pass. You can buy it directly from the bus driver.

Last modified on Nov 1, 2018 - 4:17 PM by Arno
olena
olena
11 posts
May 14, 2013 - 3:35 AM
Hello Annika,
Thank you very much for your help! Could you please also tell me, in general, if a bus requires a seat reservation, where should it be done in Switzerland? Can I do it at railway stations? Can it be done at every bus stop?
Where can one make a seat reservation online?
Thank you in advance.
Olena.
Arno
Arno
12143 posts
expert &
May 14, 2013 - 4:12 AM
Hi Olena,

You can book bus seats at manned rail stations or manned bus stations. There are some options online as well.
olena
olena
11 posts
May 14, 2013 - 8:49 AM
Hi Arno,
thank you very much! This is just a wonderful site, it is really so helpful!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019