Options for Italy & Switzerland rail passes

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
IGG13
IGG13
4 posts
May 1, 2018 - 9:43 PM

My husband and I are planning our first one week trip to Swiss. 15/9/18-23/9/18.

First class tickets. Itinerary: FLORENCE to LUGANO by rail (2 nights); LUGANO to ST. MORITZ by postal bus then, ST. MORITZ to ZERMATT by Glacier Express (3 nights); ZERMATT to GENEVA Airport by rail early AM. What type of tickets/passes should I purchase? Also, any accommodations you would recommend at these stops (Lugano, Zermatt, maybe one night in St Moritz? Thank you.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4960 posts
expert
May 2, 2018 - 12:15 AM in reply to IGG13

Hello IGG13 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I haven’t done the Palm Express but can recommend the Bernina Express (www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress). Have you compared the two.

Seeing you have an itinerary mapped out you are well placed to work out the best travel pass. Unless you are doing a lot of train travel in Italy a Swiss only pass would probably work better than a Eurail Select.

To be sure, you need to do a bit more homework. You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019