Is the number of days on my Schengen visa correct?

• Asghar_khan
    Participant
    31 posts
    30 January 2019 at 14:29:45 #819696

I applied for a Schengen visa for me and my family, and in the application I wrote my date of entry 14-03-2019 (Zurich) and date of exit 29-03-2019 (Amsterdam). I even bought air tickets for the same dates. My visa arrived and shows valid for 15 days, date of entry is 14-03-2019 until 29-03-2019.

I’m worried as per calculation, if I enter on 14-03-2019 then my 15 days would be completed on 28-3-2019. But when I ask the VSF Global agent in Riyadh, he told they will calculate days from the next day so you will finish your days on 29th march 2019 so nothing to worried about. Do I need to be worried?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 January 2019 at 9:52:13 #903204

Hi Asghar khan,

I’m afraid I’m not an expert on this. As I understand it, any Schengen visa is valid for 90 days, with a specified number of entries and exits in and out of the Schengen area. In that case it would not be an issue. But I recommend to check with the embassy that issued your visa, if you like a second opinion on the advice of the agent.

• The thread ‘Is the number of days on my Schengen visa correct?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.