Shoes for Rigi and Pilatus?

Shoes for Rigi and Pilatus?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
eablack
eablack
10 posts
Jan 22, 2017 - 11:55 PM

Hello,

I'm about a week away from visiting Lucerne and was wondering what kind of shoes I need to pack to visit Pilatus and/or Rigi. Do people hike around in the winter or stay to the sightseeing areas? I have leather boots that I'm bringing but I also have the option for tall boots, sneakers, hiking boots, or snow boots. I'm only spending 3 days in Switzerland and will also be visiting Spain and Italy so I don't want to take snow boots if I don't have to. Thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
7081 posts
expert &
Jan 23, 2017 - 8:01 AM in reply to eablack

Hi eablack,

I would at least bring good hiking boots with you and warm socks. It is -11 Celsius in Luzern (local German spelling) so you can imagine the cold and snow levels if you go up in the mountains. :)

What you do/where you go and what you pack is up to you - but just know it will be cold everywhere!

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Jan 23, 2017 - 7:01 PM by Lucas
eablack
eablack
10 posts
Jan 23, 2017 - 8:38 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas! I'll be sure to pack warm clothes and hiking boots then!

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4689 posts
expert
Jan 24, 2017 - 2:45 AM in reply to eablack

<<"Thanks Lucas! I'll be sure to pack warm clothes and hiking boots then!">>

That is what I do. Also layers, for clothing. A hiking staff ( German "Spazierstock") is really a good idea, too, if you are out on any trails.

Slowpoke

Last modified on Jan 24, 2017 - 2:46 AM by Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018