Short Connection Time

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2011 at 7:11:38 #804156

Hello- I am researching train schedules and will be traveling from Lauterbrunnen to Venice in June. The SBB website is showing me a trip which allows only 6 minutes to transfer trains at Interlaken Ost. The transfer is from platform 2A to platform 7. We (a family of 5) will be traveling with luggage. Can a connection be made that quickly? If we miss it, can we get on the next train even though our reservation is for the missed train? There is another train 35 minutes later- should I just book that train and not try to make the 6 minute connection? Please help…. Thanks so much for any advice and/or information.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    14 March 2011 at 11:15:32 #832302

Hello fdr214 (what’s in a name… ;-)),

Under normal circumstances 6 minutes should be enough. But since you never know: if I were you, I would book the next train. Perhaps not necessary, but just to make sure. According to my information you cannot use reservations for a next train if you miss the one you have reservations for.
    So here’s an answer that gives you not much of a solution. I think it’s really up to you, do you want to take the very small risk or rather not. I’m sorry that I can’t be more specific.

• The thread ‘Short Connection Time’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.