Short stay parking in Lauterbrunnen

• Desertman
    Participant
    10 posts
    19 June 2018 at 8:13:42 #816744

Hello all

Apologies if this has been discussed previously, but does anyone know, apart from Lauterbrunnen station CP, where you can park for 24 hours in Lauterbrunnen?

We are driving from Saint Gervais les Bains area, and have booked accommodation in car-free Wenga overnight…..the station car park stay is of a minimum 2/3 days

Many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 18:15:16 #888756

Hi Desertman and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is another car park further into Lauterbrunnen near the church that should work. I am fairly sure it allows overnight parking but I’m not 100%. I’d email the hotel in Wengen that you are booked in – they will know.

Desertman
    Participant
    10 posts
    19 June 2018 at 19:48:47 #888757

Many thanks Lucas, much appreciated – and I will certainly email the hotel to see if they know of any recommended car parks

Regards

Arno
    15483 posts
    19 June 2018 at 20:20:08 #888758

Hi Desertman,

I’m quite sure there is no minimum park duration. You can park as long or as short as you like, but you can’t reserve a spot for short term parking. Please let us know if your hotel says otherwise.

Desertman
    Participant
    10 posts
    19 June 2018 at 21:45:04 #888759

OK thanks Arno – will do

Yes, I think you are right, online it will only let you book a ticket at the car park for minimum of 2 days. –

I will let you all know what the Hotel suggest

Danke

Desertman
    Participant
    10 posts
    20 June 2018 at 7:36:51 #888760

I have received a reply from the hotel in Wengen, ad they confirm that you can park your vehicle for 24 hours at the car park next to the station at Lauterbrunnen when you arrive.

I am a keen photographer (getty image contributor) so hopefully I will document our trip as we drive through Switzerland, although my mountain climbing days my be over these days, I will see what I ca do!

Thanks all

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 June 2018 at 8:50:12 #888761

Thanks for updating us Desertman. A trip report with some images would be great if possible!

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/tripreports

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 June 2018 at 11:58:41 #888762

Hope you have good weather in your too short time at Lauterbrunnen. 😉

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Short stay parking in Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.