Sightseeing in Interlaken

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
prislau1
prislau1
4 posts
Dec 19, 2014 - 6:01 AM

Hi there

I will be spending 3 days in Interlaken at the end of February 2015. I'm wondering if I should visit Jungfarujoch or Schilthorn. What is the main difference between these 2 tourist attractions?

I understand that the weather can determine if tourists can still visit these locations. Would you suggest that we buy tickets in advance? I'm concerned that I may not be able to get tickets if I buy them when I get to interlaken.

It seems like the point to point tickets from interlaken ost to Jungfrau or schilthorn are quite expensive. Would you suggest buying a swiss pass to enjoy 50% on these tickets? Are cable car rides covered under the swiss pass as well?

Thank you.

Arno
Arno
12100 posts
expert &
Dec 23, 2014 - 3:03 PM

Hi prislau1,

Sorry for the late reply! The pages below explain all about Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch, so you can see the differences there and pick the one that appeals to you:

There is no need to buy tickets in advance. With a Swiss Travel Pass, you will get free traveling up to Mürren (that includes the cable car). From there, there's a 50% discount on the Schilthorn cable car. For a trip up to Jungfraujoch you will get free traveling to Grindelwald and Wengen, and 25% discount from there. See here for all about the pass and what's included. See here for how to pick the best pass.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019