Sim card in Switzerland and France?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2018 at 6:02:42 #817848

Hey,

I will be travelling to Swiss from Paris and in september and will be taking a sim card in Paris for data.

Just want to know that Paris sim card will be valid in Swiss or not. If not, than where i can get Swiss Sim card in or near Basel station for data, what is the approx cost and company.

Please advise.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2018 at 7:14:42 #894089

HI Carishabh7,

I don’t know if the Simcard you get in Paris will work in Switzerland. You’ll need to check with the company and the options they have for Simcards.

If it doesn’t work in Switzerland, you can look at a Simcard we recommend here: http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard

There is also the traveler’s WiFi device listed there as well, if you are looking for an easy and fast way to connect to the internet only.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2018 at 4:50:06 #894090

Thanks,

Can you please tell me that free wifi is available in Train station or not.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2018 at 6:35:10 #894091

There is free wifi at most large rail stations, but you have to register with SBB unfortunately.

This requires giving them your phone number and then they text you the access code. Not great for tourists as you’ll have to roam briefly to get the text message.

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/railway-stations/products/free -wifi.html

• The thread ‘Sim card in Switzerland and France?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.