Switzerland Sim cards global and local options

• cam223
    Participant
    97 posts
    3 December 2018 at 19:59:09 #819093

Someone recently asked about sim cards–there are global sim cards and sim cards for each individual country. We had a phone stolen in Paris and had to get a US card in order to access our firm’s confidential mail. We had to get a relative to Fedex us a US sim card when we got to Switzerland. US sim cards are not sold in Paris or Switzerland–in the future I will carry an extra one with me and just swap out the one on a new phone and replace it with a US sim card.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 December 2018 at 7:37:47 #899895

Hi Cam,

Sorry to hear about your stolen phone! I think you had a fairly unique circumstance in needing a US specific sim card (for work). Not a fun start to a holiday.

If one doesn’t need a US specific sim card we note options that can be used in Switzerland and elsewhere here: http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard

• The thread ‘Switzerland Sim cards global and local options’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.