Sledding in Bussalp, Grindelwald on 29 December

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2019 at 2:44:13 #823994

Hi,

I will be visiting Grindelwald with my family on the 29th December 2019 . We are planning on trying on the sled run in Bussalp Big Pintenfritz. I have found a lot of information on how to get up there using the yellow bus 126 and to rent a sled in Bussalp. Unfortunately I cannot find any information about the end of the sled run. Is there a designated area to return the sleds and does the run go all the way back to Grindelwald town etc.

Can anyone share their experience?

Thanks

Retna

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    27 September 2019 at 7:39:37 #922716

Hi Retnarasa200,

Welcome to the forum!

The Big Pintenfritz is a 12.5km sled-run from Faulhorn to Grindelwald. There are 3 shorter sled-runs directly accessible from Bussalp: The City Run (8km), the Family Run (a combination of sled runs and walking path) and the Bussalp Run (1.5km).

In general you can bring your own sleds or rent them from the shop in Bussalp at the beginning of the run. When you are done sledding for the day, you can return the sleds at the ‘Ruckgabe’ (return locations) at the bus stops along the route or at the Bärplatz in Grindelwald.

You might also want to check out the Snowfun at the Grindelwald Bodmi Arena

When you are not on the piste, there’s plenty to see in and around Grindelwald
    http://www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald/activities

Enjoy your trip!

Anna

Mark
    Participant
    805 posts
    27 September 2019 at 11:28:59 #922717

Hi Retna

there are a number of sled runs in the area besides the one starting on Faulhorn. They are detailed on the website Jungfrau.ch. Under the experience tab. Apparently there are runs from Murren, Mannlichen, the Eiger, and near Lauterbrunnen. Mark

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 September 2019 at 0:01:56 #922718

You my not have snow on December 29th.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2019 at 2:49:27 #922719

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies especially Anna. Does the The Big Pintenfritz sled run go all the way to Bärplatz in Grindelwald or is that a short hike to town?

Thanks

Retna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2019 at 9:18:30 #922720

Hello Retna,

I’ve never done this most probably quite incredible sledging run but have found the following page offering a detailed map to look into, hope it helps:
    http://www.myswitzerland.com/ en-ch/experiences/route/b ig-pintenfritz-schlittelweg/

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Sledding in Bussalp, Grindelwald on 29 December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.