Some queries

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2012 at 5:13:21 #805223

My family (total 5 members) are visiting Switzerland from 15th June for 7 days. I have booked apartment in Interlaken west. After searching on web , we have selected some areas to visit like Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, Lauterbrunnen, wengen, Mürren, Oeschinensee, Brienz lake, Zermatt- Gornergrat, Lucerne (via Brünig-Hasliberg).
    I have some queries :-
    1. What are the options to visit if the weather is bad?
    2. Are city bus tours available in lucerne and Bern like in Zurich (City bus tour chf 34 per person)?
    3. I have checked coop and migros website it’s easy to choose vegetables but there are variety of milk, curd(yoghurt) and bread available there, so how can I identify fresh milk (not skimmed), plain curd and whole wheat sliced bread in the stores?
    4. What is the procedure to dispose off daily kitchen garbage from the apartment?
    Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    9 May 2012 at 8:10:11 #835966

Hi Mukesh. Bad weather alternatives such as the Trümmelbach falls, the Beatus caves and the Aare gorge are listed at the Bernese Oberland day trip overview. The traffic museum in Lucerne is a good one too. Please visit the Lucerne tourism and Bern tourism websites to read about guided city (bus) tours. As for kitchen garbage: generally, this is collected in special garbage bags and put outside on the streets once or twice a week. However, each apartment owner may have his own system, either requiring you to take care of the garbage of doing this himself. Just ask the owner for specifics.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2012 at 11:34:34 #835967

Thanks for the advice.

Mukesh

• The thread ‘Some queries’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.