Sprungli in Zurich for breakfast?

• bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    25 December 2015 at 13:20:41 #808214

Hello

We have 2 hours early morning in Zurich before flight. I thought of a breakfast in Sprungli. I really like birsh muesli (with berries), is it the place to eat it or some place else?

Can you recommend me specific things? We like dark (very dark) chocolate cakes/muffines/souffle..good Croissant.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 December 2015 at 16:23:12 #847338

Lindt/Sprüngli have a cafe in the airport main terminal.

Just after you go through pass control, and then the Duty Free store, you will enter the main terminal. Directly across from you is the cafe.

A word of caution –

The stores in the airport do not sell as wide a range of chocolates as those stores downtown do. And, many of the packages are half full of air..

I don’t think the regular stores serve breakfast or coffee, but the do have sandwiches. In in Züri main station, there are plenty of places to get coffee near the Sprüngli store in Shopville.

Slowpoke

bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    25 December 2015 at 16:47:21 #847339

Hi

well we will stay overnight at zurich near main station and should be at the airport on 10:00 so will have i guess until 09:00 free time for nice breakfast.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 December 2015 at 17:59:18 #847340

At tat time of day, you will have about 14 trains per hour to the airport, taking typically between 09 and 20 minutes.

The o946 on tracks 41/42 will get you there at 0959. I’d go slightly earlier. Sometimes there is as much as a 3 minute delay. 😉

Check the timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

If you are looking at the overhead sign boards, look at both types – Fernverkehr…long distance and S-bahnen….commuter rail, more or less. Many long distance trains stop at the airport.

Just check the track number’s carefully…tracks 41-44 are down underneath and take slightly longer to get to.

http://www.sbb.ch/content/dam /infrastruktur/trafima ge/bahnhofplaene/plan-zuerich-hb-a4.pdf#?lang=de,

• The thread ‘Sprungli in Zurich for breakfast?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.