St. Moritz parking in city center

St. Moritz parking in city center

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Dec 31, 2016 - 3:03 PM

we plan to stay in st moritz city center around mid may with rental car. the hotel does not have parking facilities and they tell me there is a public parking garage located nearby. I hope that doesn't mean trying to find available parking as if u were in New York city where you cant find and when you do, pay a small fortune. since we're in st moritz in off season, should I worry about the hassle of finding parking in city center? I can opt for other hotels who offer on site parking but they outside city center. I just have no clue how crowded st moritz will be in mid may.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4561 posts
expert
Jan 1, 2017 - 1:34 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi BillPall-

There is no "off-season" in St. Moritz.

Use the maps that I showed you in another thread concerning Kriens to locate the parking. Once you have located it, use of the internet will enable you to understand the capacity and usage rates, as well as cost.

map.search.ch/Le-Chenit?pos=784312,152486&z=51 2

The map will also guide you about what city center means.

Nothing in Switzerland is cheap.

Slowpoke

PS- if you named hotel or street address, it would be easier to deal with your questions, and provide more precise answers.

Arno
Arno
10532 posts
expert &
Jan 1, 2017 - 9:40 AM

Hi BillPall,

There is a large multistory parking garage called Serletta. You can reach it from the road along the lake: www.google.ch/maps/@46 .4965446,9.8427889,18. 12z. There are escalators down to the lake and up to the town center. It costs CHF 2 per hour during day time, and I think you can park there for CHF 100 per week.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018