St. Moritz to Maienfeld and Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2016 at 14:17:01 #809880

We will be in St Moritz in October with reservations on the Berninia Express to Lugano. Can we go from St. Moritz to Maienfeld, see what’s to be seen in Heidiland and make the Berninia Express to Lugano still worth it? The train timetable seems to indicate it would be possible If we left @ 7:57 we would be there at 10:42 with a single change in Chur. There are trains every hour out of Maienfeld for St. Moritz. The question is whether we can get the Berninia Express. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 August 2016 at 14:54:00 #855134

Hi europe2016, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I’m not sure if I understood your question, but you can sure do both. These are two completely different day trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2016 at 12:31:58 #855135

Thanks for your response. Let me see if I can clarify my question. We will arrive in St Moritz late in the day via the Glacier Express. We leave the next day via the Berninia Express for Lugano. Can we instead of seeing the sites in St. Moritz go to Maienfeld, see the Heidi sites and then catch the Berninia Express for Lugano out of St. Moritz, or is that asking too much? Thanks.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 August 2016 at 15:57:29 #855136

Hi europe2016,

The Bernina Express departs 9:30. You can possibly depart 1 or 2 hours later by taking a regular train, but you still won’t have time for anything more than a local stroll around the lake or so.

All details are here: myswissalps.com/ berninaexpress.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘St. Moritz to Maienfeld and Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.