Stacking discounts of several Swiss rail passes?

• Duncan
    Participant
    2 posts
    12 September 2022 at 21:16:10 #828330

I’m curious whether discounts stack among the passes. For example, if I buy a Jungfrau Travel Pass, my return ticket for Jungfraujoch from Eigergletscher station is discounted to $63. If I have the Swiss Half Fair Card, does this $63 get discounted further? Another example is if I have the Berner Oberland pass, a trip to the Schilthorn is discounted 50%. If I have the SHFC, is there any further discount, or will it still be 50%? From what I’ve been able to research it doesn’t seem like they stack, but the answer will determine whether the JTP, Top of Europe, or Berner Oberland will be most economical. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    13 September 2022 at 6:23:16 #946848

Hi Duncan,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

No, the discounts are not cumulative if you have multiple railpasses. However in most cases, if you have a Swiss Travel System railpass such as the Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Half Fare Card, you sometimes get some discounts when you purchase a regional pass.

For example, if you have a Swiss Half Fare Card, you can purchase a 3-day Regional Pass Bernese Oberland for CHF150 instead of CHF230 (standard price).

Best regards,

Anna

Duncan
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 September 2022 at 7:36:53 #946849

Thanks, Anna. This is helpful.

Best,

Duncan

• The thread ‘Stacking discounts of several Swiss rail passes?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.