Stetchelberg to Trummelbach falls?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2011 at 11:22:10 #804363

If we take the gondola from Murren to Stetchelberg, and walk towards Lauterbrunnen – we’d like to stop and see the Trum. Falls. How far from Stechelberg is it and are there signs clearly posting it? I’d hate to walk by and miss it. Then from the falls, we’ll continue to walk to Lauterbrunnen where we will take the gondola up to Wengen.

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 May 2011 at 9:05:34 #833048

Hello Cynthia,

I’m sure there will be signs directing you to the Trümmelbach Falls. Hiking from Stechelberg (take the right side of the river, altough the left side is nicer and there will be a point where you can cross to the other side) to the falls will take you about 25 minutes.

There is no gondola from Lauterbrunnen to Wengen, but there’s a cog railway.

The Lauterbrunnen Valley is wonderful. Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2011 at 9:21:23 #833049

Thanks for the information.

Maybe we’ll start on the left side of the river and cross over at some point, about 10 -15 minutes in the walk – if possible?

Thanks again

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 May 2011 at 9:45:54 #833050

You’re welcome. Lauterbrunnen Valley is one of my favourites and I know it like the back of my hand…

If you take the left hand of the river there will be a point to cross over to the other side – there will be signs – and it’s a slight detour which will take about 10 – 15 minutes extra, but not very much more. But maybe I’m slow hiker, as I always tend to make photos of almost every step :-).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2011 at 10:56:31 #833051

Too funny – I am generally a very fast walker, but this trip we are taking my Mom and sis. My Mom is pretty stout, but not the fastest and she too will stop to take pics every few feet. I’m already getting myself prepared for a slower trip – I’m fine with that.

We’ll stick to the left side of the river and will watch for the signs to cross over. Once we do, I assume we continue in the same direction or do we double back?

thanks again!!

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 May 2011 at 11:31:54 #833052

After crossing, you will be able to continue your direction both ways. Left or right of the river, it’s up to you! I would prefer the left side, because you will meet the Staubbach-fall then!

Anyhow, it will work out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2011 at 9:04:35 #833053

Just a note, if you plan on walking back from Trummelbach via the road, you will be walking on the road. I just returned from the Lauterbrunnen vally a few days ago and did the very same walk. A bit hairy walking the road back. There is a trail that connects both just a few short steps north of Trummelbach, It will take you back to the walking trail that leads back to Lauterbrunnen.. Enjoy your stay

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2011 at 9:08:56 #833054

Thanks for the heads up –

So, if we take the lift down to Stechelberg – is there anyway we can stay off the road from there, or do we need to walk the road until we reach Trumm falls?

Then after Trumm falls, we walk back towards Stechelberg to find the path to Lauterbrunnen to stay off the road?

or am I all messed up at this point?

Thanks

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    5 June 2011 at 9:38:09 #833055

Hello Cynthia,

Coming from Stechelberg I would choose for the lift side of the river, as already suggested. Halfway you can cross meadows to reach the Trümmelbach-falls and you can do the same thing to the left side again and hike to Lauterbrunnen. Yes, it’s a road, but only for local traffic. And doing this you will see the Staubbach-fall as well.

If I’m not clear, please let me know. I can tell you how to get there step by step… 😉

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2011 at 9:57:18 #833056

Hi Olga –

Thanks for the information.

We’ll stay to the left as we head to Lauterbrunnen and and about 2 miles into the walk, we should see a path to the right that will take us through a meadow to Trumm falls. After we see the falls, we’ll take that path back to the road, get on the left and continue into town.

Correct? Are there signs or is it pretty easy to notice the cutoff to the falls?

tks

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    5 June 2011 at 10:23:00 #833057

Hi Cynthia,

If I understand your questions and the answers correctly, the attached picture may be of help.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    5 June 2011 at 10:46:48 #833058

Hello Cynthia,

I think Wandermann just gave the right answer. Yes, there are signs, but you have to pay attention though on your right side: it’s small (yellow, I guess, because most of the times they are yellow) signs. But knowing that, you will not miss it.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    5 June 2011 at 10:56:27 #833059

Hi,

May be this is a bit too much? But just look out for this sign and you won’t miss anything!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2011 at 11:28:08 #833060

Too funny!

But – now I get it. Thank you very much – I cannot miss it after having the map (thanks) and seeing the signs.

Thanks again

• The thread ‘Stetchelberg to Trummelbach falls?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.