Stop on request at small station Alveneu

• Drama
    Participant
    4 posts
    24 September 2022 at 10:58:57 #828424

Tomorrow Sunday 24 September would like to take train to St Moritz. Traintable says is the only train will go that day at 7.55 am on request. The problem there is no button at all on this station. Will the train stop ?????? I will try anyway otherwhise have to walk to next station with my luggage. But if some has experience with this small station I would like to know

Thanks

Jeroen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2022 at 11:37:14 #947320

You have to telephone:

081 288 26 84

Drama
    Participant
    4 posts
    24 September 2022 at 11:59:26 #947321

This number had nothing to do with request for stop unfortunately

Anna
    6382 posts
    24 September 2022 at 15:31:54 #947322

Hi Jeroen,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

For ‘stop on request’ you need to press a button at the station. If no button is in sight, just wave your hands when you see the train approaching. At small stations in small villages, this is how it works.

You’ll find further details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/howtotravel.

Regards,

Anna

Drama
    Participant
    4 posts
    24 September 2022 at 16:02:19 #947323

Thank you Anna. I give it a try tommorrowt

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2022 at 17:24:36 #947324

The normal situation doesn’t apply at Alvaneu.

I know the Alvaneu area, and Alvaneu station (and Surava) has a different system. It is really a ‘closed’ station but with special arrangements for some trains to stop.

There are explicit instructions on the RhB timetable:

Für einsteigende Fahrgäste ist eine

Voranmeldung bis 10 Min vor Abfahrt erforderlich Tel.

081 288 26 84

Drama
    Participant
    4 posts
    24 September 2022 at 19:08:28 #947325

I tried to call this number again and now I got someone who will arranged the train will stop tomorrow at this station Nevertheless it is very confusing as this this afternoon I spoke a woman who lives near the village and said the strain will stop when they see you standing there as well the woman from general information number of this railway company .A search on the internet with this Tel number lead to a PDF who refer the answer of 1960man . Thank you both

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 September 2022 at 10:16:35 #947326

Yes, I understand that’s confusing. The ‘stop on request’ system is usually straightforward. I’m indeed pretty sure the train driver will stop if he/she sees people at the station, but after your call you can be completely sure it will all work out. Good that it’s sorted now. Have a wonderful journey!

• The thread ‘Stop on request at small station Alveneu’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.