Voralpen-Express covered by Swiss Travel Pass?

Voralpen-Express covered by Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
Dec 10, 2017 - 3:05 AM

We are thinking of going to Rapperswil from Lucerne as a "no mountain due to weather" day alternative next June. The faster route is on the Sudostbahn vs the Swiss Rail System but we will have Swiss Travel Passes. Does the pass cover the Sudostbahn? I can't find any information on this by googling. Help appreciated.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3695 posts
expert
Dec 10, 2017 - 4:25 AM in reply to Stacy

Hello Stacy,

Presume you mean travelling on the Voralpen Express (operated by Südostbahn) to Rapperswil. Yes that is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. We took the Voralpen from Lucerne to St Gallen last June. In fact we took the Voralpen to the Swiss Transport Museum and to Arth-Goldhau to connect to Rigi. The platform (#1) was about 50 meters from our hotel (Continental Park) entrance - very convenient.

For Swiss Travel Pass Validity in general refer to this map (2018 version): www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Please login to see the attached documents
Stacy
Stacy
49 posts
Dec 10, 2017 - 7:53 AM in reply to rockoyster

Great! You are a fountain of information. I try to do all my own research first without asking for help but sometimes the answers are just elusive. But I can always count on MySwissAlps when that happens. I wish every country I visited had such a fantastic website!

rockoyster
rockoyster
3695 posts
expert
Dec 10, 2017 - 8:55 AM in reply to Stacy

☺️

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018