Suitable Hiking Gear

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
champ
champ
15 posts
May 7, 2013 - 8:42 PM
Hi All,

My wife and I are going to Switzerland next month to celebrate her birthday. However we intend to do a short leisure hike of 1-2 hours either at Zermatt or Interlaken based on earlier recommendations in this forum. We come from a tropical country and we hardly do any hiking back home.

Since we are on a leisure trip I doubt we will be equipping ourselves with hiking gear etc. At best we would probably have a good pair of walking shoes. Are they any specific gear that we should be bringing along for our leisure hike ? Would our summer clothes be sufficient for the hike ? Any other equipment necessary ? Any other specific advice for first timers on a short leisure hiking trip in Switzerland ?

Really appreciate advice from fellow travelers or forum moderators.

Thanks and Regards
Patrick KL
Annika
Annika
5005 posts
expert &
May 10, 2013 - 6:30 AM
Hi Patrick! For rather short walks you need at least solid walking shoes, sun glasses and a (thin) water proof jacket. Further hiking tips can be found here.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019